If your outer walls have not been insulated, the answer is probably yes! The good news is that there is an easy way to stop that heat escaping without having to change anything inside your home. MPC Plastering can start saving you money on your heating bills immediately with external wall insulation (EWI).
How Homeowners are Benefiting from EWI
There are several valuable benefits of installing an EWI system , including:
- Cost Savings. By putting a stop to heat loss through your outer walls, your home will feel a lot warmer. This means you won’t have to fire up the heating for as long as you normally do. Let MPC install EWI to your home and send less of your hard-earned cash to the energy companies.
- Minimal disruption. Since EWI is installed to the outside of a building, there will be no disruption to anyone within the building. On a commercial site, where external business operations are impacted, we will work with you to ensure that everyone on site is kept safe and disruption is minimised. We will, of course, leave the site clean and tidy when we leave.
- Do your bit for the planet. Installing EWI is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and help secure a better world for future generations
- Preserve internal space. As well as intruding on your family life, installing internal insulation means reducing your interior space. This isn’t an issue with EWI. EWI provides all the benefits of internal insulation without affecting the interior at all.
- Access to grants. The environmental benefits of EWI means that Local Authorities, the government and even energy companies sometimes offer grants. Check with these bodies for current deals before starting work. MPC are approved Green Deal installers.
Which Systems do MPC Install?
There are a number of different EWI systems available to cover the wide variety of building types in the UK. At MPC, we have the expertise to establish the systems best-suited to your requirements. We are also recognised approved installers for some of the leading suppliers including Wetherby, Sto, Alsecco, SPS and Parex.
We work closely with system manufacturers to keep up to date with the latest developments and training.
How is EWI Installed?
On a typical single property (e.g. a family home), the EWI would be constructed from insulation boards in a variety of materials and thicknesses which is mechanically or adhesively fixed to the exterior walls. This is then covered with a specialist base coat and mesh. Finally, a specialist render or cladding is added for an aesthetically pleasing finish.
Other work that may be required during EWI installation includes extending the roof overhang and removing and replacing any pipework or fittings. There are several different EWI systems MPC can install and we can advise on the best one once we’ve visited your home; we can undertake the complete enabling works under instruction as part of a full package contract.
Choose From a Range of Render and Cladding Options
All rendering and cladding provide extra layers of protection from physical and weather damage while remaining breathable, preventing the build up of condensation.
MPC Plastering have built up a strong reputation for quality workmanship, excellent customer service and completing works on time and within budget. We have been hired for numerous large commercial projects including those involving prestigious and sensitive properties.
We have also recently been awarded a PAS2030 accreditation in the installation of External and Internal Wall Insulation and are approved Green Deal installers. We are also approved installers for some of the leading employers including Wetherby, Alsecco, Parex, SPS and Sto.
Please call our friendly team for a no-obligation quote or further information about external wall insulation, or get in touch on our contact page.