Up to a third of the heat your business generates could be lost in this way if your walls are uninsulated. Rather than face the disruption and reduced space of installing internal wall insulation, have you ever considered external wall insulation (EWI).
The Many Benefits of EWI
EWI is a smart investment on many levels, including:
- Cost Savings. One of the most important benefits to businesses is often an immediate reduction in heating spend due to an increase in the thermal performance of your home.
- Improved working conditions. EWI helps you to meet workers’ rights legislation by maintaining a comfortable working environment. As a breathable structure, EWI also prevents the build up of mould which can lead to health problems.
- Corporate responsibility. By reducing your energy consumption you are also conserving the Earth’s resources and reducing your carbon footprint. These green credentials are a valuable marketing asset and can help you to win new customers.
- Minimal disruption. Since EWI is installed to the outside of the building, there will be no disruption to any internal business operations. Where external business operations are impacted, we will work with you to ensure employees and customers are kept safe and disruption is kept to a minimum. We will, of course, leave the site clean and tidy when we leave.
- Preserve internal space. Internal wall insulation is not only more disruptive, it also reduces the available space for machinery, equipment and personnel. EWI provides all the benefits of internal insulation without affecting the interior at all.
- Potential grants available. The cost and environmental benefits of EWI means that there are often grants or other financial awards available to businesses. Check with your energy company, Local Authority and the government for current schemes.
Which EWI System Does MPC Install?
There are a number of different EWI systems available to cover the wide variety of building types in the UK. At MPC, we have the expertise to establish the systems best-suited to your requirements. We are also recognised approved installers for some of the leading suppliers including Wetherby, Sto, Alsecco, SPS and Parex.
We work closely with system manufacturers to keep up to date with the latest developments and training.
How is EWI Installed?
On a typical single property (e.g. a family home), the EWI would be constructed from a 90mm thick expanded polystyrene board which is mechanically or adhesively fixed to the exterior walls. This is then covered with a base coat and mesh. Finally, a render or cladding is added for an aesthetically pleasing finish.
Other work that may be required during EWI installation includes extending the roof overhang and removing and replacing any pipework or fittings.
Choose From a Range of Render and Cladding Options
From traditional lime render to modern aluminium cladding, MPC Plastering can offer a wide range of attractive and exciting finishes for your EWI installation.
Render is the most affordable option and can be applied as a thick cement or sand mix on a thin mesh or a lighter cement on a thicker mesh.
Cladding options include shingles and panels in various colours and forms including clay, stone, brick and aluminium. Please check you have planning permission prior to commencing work.
All rendering and cladding provide extra layers of protection from physical and weather damage while remaining breathable, preventing the build up of condensation.
MPC Plastering have built up a strong reputation for quality workmanship, excellent customer service and completing works on time and within budget. We have been hired for numerous large commercial projects including those involving prestigious and sensitive properties.
We have also recently been awarded a PAS2030 accreditation in the installation of External and Internal Wall Insulation and are approved Green Deal installers.
To book an installation or to find out more about what we do, please call us today.