Do you need Chimney Repairs Newquay?
Your chimney is a vital aspect of your home or office and the consequences of collapse or falling debris can be severe. MPC Plastering provide Chimney Repairs in Newquay to commercial and domestic customers, ensuring you have the peace of mind a professional contractor with full insurance is completing the work required.
For more information about our Newquay Chimney repairs please contact our head office on 01752 343421
Structure of a Chimney
The visible aspect of your chimney only accounts for a small percentage of the chimney stack and all its components. It’s important to get this checked regularly to ensure you are not losing excess heat from your property or letting in unwanted damp and mould. Components of your chimney include.
- The Flue – The escape route for smoke leaving your property.
- Chimney Pot – an important aspect of the chimney at the top of the flue. It prevents rain, animals and any other debris entering your home.
- Crown – Helps control water flow, removing it from the chimney.
- Flashing – Flashing helps protect the base of the chimney where it meets the roof. This helps to maintain a waterproof seal.
- Damper – Used to give the user control over the amount of smoke up the flue.
- Liner – inside the chimney flue to allow easier cleaning.
Safety for your Chimney
To ensure the effectiveness and integrity of your chimney it is important to have it inspected once a year. This allows the removal of any creosote. It is also important to prevent any plastic or fabric into your fire. Unwanted material in the fire can leave unwanted deposits.
A visual inspection of the outside of the chimney will determine if anything is missing or you are in need of repointing or the replacement of damaged or missing bricks. Our Chimney repair in Newquay cover all of these repairs providing anything from the replacement of a chimney to repairs to any of the fittings.
Chimney repair costs will obviously differ depending on the work required. Our inspection process will easily determine the costs involved and we always provide a no obligation quote on the work we will be required to carry out.